What we collect, store and why
While you visit our site, we may track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can send you the order
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
In order to complete your order we may need to disclose some of your information to our delivery and payment partners, for example, PayPal, Royal Mail, TNT Post, DPD, Parcel Force, UPS.
All information submitted via our contact form will be sent to our firstname.lastname@example.org email account inbox and does not track users or write any user personal data to a database.
- remember settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- remember information you give to a website, such as a list of products in your shopping basket
- measure how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit AboutCookies.org.
Google Analytics is in use to collect information about how visitors use this site. This provides us with important information that can enable the site to work better. We do not link this information to your name or address.
The following cookies are used by Google Analytics:
|Name||Typical content||Cookie expires after|
|_utma||Randomly Generated ID||2 years|
|_utmb||Randomly Generated ID||30 minutes|
|_utmc||Randomly Generated ID||When you close your web browser|
|_utmz||Randomly Generated ID||6 months|
How long we retain your data
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will:
- Retain pending orders for 7 days
- Retain failed orders for 7 days
- Retain cancelled orders for 7 days
- Retain completed orders for 2 months
- Retain invoicing information for 7 years to comply with HMRC
How we protect your data
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive or for us to erase any personal data that we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Please email: email@example.com
Address: 6 Pinkhill Park, Edinburgh EH12 7FA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org